Welcome to SAFC Comment.

I have lost count of the letters I have written to the Football Echo but have never got round to posting. By the time I read them again on the Monday after a match I start thinking "maybe I shouldn't say that" and think better of it.
This blog gives me the opportunity to vent my spleen about all things Sunderland AFC without having that cooling off period. The advantage of this over the Football Echo is that nobody will probably read it.
If you do accidentally stumble upon this blog please feel free to comment.

Saturday 25 June 2011

Craig Gardner Close to Signing



Sky Sports has been broadcasting all day that Sunderland are on the verge of signing Craig Gardner from Birmingham City. I personally hope that this one happens. Gardner scored 10 goals last season from midfield as Birmingham were relegated. He scored the tenth at Spurs on the last day of the season believing that he had saved Brum from the drop, only for Wolves to almost instantly score at home to Blackburn to send them down.

My first memory of Gardner is of him coming on as a sub at the SoL and kicking Dwight Yorke in the chest. I have never really liked him since then and whenever I have seen him since he seems to be one of those opposition players who get under players and supporters skins. It will be nice to have someone like that playing for Sunderland for a change. We were missing the sort of commitment seen in this picture last season, particularly against Newcastle when Nolan and Barton bullied us out of the match. I really hope we see challenges like this from Gardner against Newcastle at the SoL on 20 August.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_7004233,00.html

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sports Blogs Sports Top Blogs
Custom Search