Welcome to SAFC Comment.

I have lost count of the letters I have written to the Football Echo but have never got round to posting. By the time I read them again on the Monday after a match I start thinking "maybe I shouldn't say that" and think better of it.
This blog gives me the opportunity to vent my spleen about all things Sunderland AFC without having that cooling off period. The advantage of this over the Football Echo is that nobody will probably read it.
If you do accidentally stumble upon this blog please feel free to comment.

Saturday 25 June 2011

Keiren Westwood

Westwood is another player who will officially join the club on 1 July when his contract with Coventry expires. This signing suggests that Craig Gordon may be leaving Sunderland soon, because Simon Mignolet seems to be very much in Steve Bruce's plans. I for one won't be sorry to see Gordon leave so long as we get a good proportion of his £9 million fee back. I haven't seen much of Westwood so can't really comment. Again, Sunderland supporters are largely underwhelmed by this signing, but he is an international with Rep. of Ireland having 7 caps so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sports Blogs Sports Top Blogs
Custom Search